Monday, August 13, 2007

I am not a hairy man but...

Getting older is very interesting, I think. I'm 38 and I feel 38. Never quite understand when people say, "Inside I'm still an 18 year old..." - some sort of denial?

Anyway, to the title. I have started noticing unexplained rogue hair growth. This is just one of those things that happen as you age. I HOPE. First I noticed that my eyebrows had sprouted a couple of long hairs each, with a mind of their own, shunning the crowd and launching off to go their own way. So, what do you do? Tricky one this, but I had to pluck them out. I am having to pluck my eyebrows. This is not to reshape them, you understand, but simply to keep them under control.

Actually, upon further recollection, it was my nose that first gave the game away and my brother saying, "There's no excuse for that..." Male grooming gadgets, oh dear. I have electric nose hair clippers. There, I said it. (Warning, don't use these for eyebrows - one slip and you can end up looking a little, erm, "street"?)

Just the other day I also spied a mutant long hair on my wrist - what's next, the palms of my hands??

Ah well, one should accept these changes graciously. I still have all my own teeth, you know...but, now then, where did I leave them...?

1 comment:

Phil said...

Love your humour. just wait till you find one long hair sticking out of the rim of your ear and you are trying to clip it with one dodgy eye with a cataract growing and one that that doesn't focus properly. Never mind it will come to you one day.
Love your music especially "His grace is enough for me" what a lyric find. I sing it a lot whenever I'm fed up.
Phil, Wodonga, Victoria, Australia. don't ask how I found your blog its the result of a bit of a surf through friends of friends blogs.