Friday, November 16, 2007

So it's late...

...at 12:52 at night right now. I've finished watching CSI, my wife has fallen asleep before the TV (again!) and I've been upstairs to prepare the way for our ascent to bed. Our two girls were asleep in our bed when I came home, now it was one and I carried her to her room; she, half asleep, still smiles at me and giggles. When I came in from Central Hall at about 9:30 they were both asleep there and how beautiful they looked. The youngest had since put herself to bed. The eldest boy was still awake and I tucked him in, the younger boy out for the count.

I am the only one awake now. It's quiet, but we are still all here. I feel it. When we're all awake...well, let's just say four kids can be demanding. Times like this, I think, WOW!, look what we made - look what God gave us! Look what he gave me! God has never been fair to me - he seems to give me all the good stuff.

Now it's 1:03 in the morning. A pause for thought. Then blessed sleep...

No comments: