Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More on Mr Winner...


My beautiful wife, Ali, went to London for the weekend with her sister to do the Christmas shopping (bah, humbug...) and brought me back a present: Michael Winner's book: "Fat Pig Diet", and I am genuinely pleased she did. While she was in London he was doing a signing, so my wonderful wife queued up and got one signed for me. He said (as verbatim as I can make it), "You don't look like you need one of these?", she said, "It's for my husband...", he said, "Is he fat?", she said, "Well, he does struggle with it a bit..."

It's been about a week and it is indeed working. His two main rules are: EAT LESS and don't eat after 7:30pm. I am losing weight and it's not painful so far. One of the keys is to weigh yourself last thing at night and first thing in the morning. This is crucial for motivation as you don't see the visible evidence of progress but the numbers don't lie.

Being a bit gadgety I am logging my weight on a spreadsheet on my phone to chart my progress and it looks GOOD!

Another motivation is to get back into my bike leathers. I was recounting this to Billy earlier today and he said that lard is the answer. I said lard was the problem :-)

1 comment:

Brian said...

I'm going to get that book....