Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I am jammy...

...and so's my wife.

Our eldest (9) has been saying that he's been having trouble reading the board so we decided to get his eyes tested. My beautiful and terrifically busy wife told him that it was to be Leighton's at 4:15 on Tuesday, yesterday.

I'd only got this info from the boy so was after some confirmation from Ali but to no avail - text silence. Hmmm, I was becoming suspicious that a fob off had been performed! Still, towards the end of the school day she said that it was indeed Leighton's at 4:15.

All went well and his glasses may even be here by the weekend.

Now, later last night the truth was revealed. Ali had been blagging!! There was no booking made!! When I texted her to check, Ali had thought "Oops!" and phoned Leighton's just in case...

I should say that we are well used to me being jammy - sometimes it's embarrassing! This time, God did it for her - the lady at Leighton's said...drumroll please...there had been a cancellation for 4:15!

Ha ha, how cool is He??

No comments: