Monday, April 21, 2008

"Shrink Wrap" new series...

I just caught the last half on Dr Pamela Connolly's "Shrink Wrap" with Joan Rivers.

I've blogged about these programs before here and here - the new series is absolutely no less enthralling than the last. Why do I find these programs so fascinating? A good question. I think it's, for me, because the human condition is revealed, in all its weakness - and these sessions are very revealing.

I'm reminded, as I watch, of the earlier Michael Parkinson interviews when I was younger. He'd have on his program, say, a Hollywood star and he's interview them, just them, for long enough to find out something new about them, something that revealed a facet of their character as another human being - not the "Celebrity" persona. When his show was brought back, that had all gone, replaced by short chat sound bite irrelevancies. Shame. Big shame.

Dr Pamela's program is amazing. The participants are genuinely stunned at her perception and her ability to show them things about themselves they didn't expect or know.

Next week it's Gene Simmons of rock supergroup KISS, I can hardly wait!

No comments: