Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dinner guests

Last night Ali and I entertained a lovely young couple over dinner. They'd prefer to remain anonymous (some hope...) so let's just call them Billy (not her real name) and Caroline (not his real name). The pictures are them in silhouette; don't want to give anything away!


Now Caroline (that's the man, not his real name) is an accomplished Chef of high renown and so we were a bit worried about what to prepare. However, it turns out we needn't have concerned ourselves as it transpired during the meal that he prefers Galaxy to Dairy Milk!! I ask you!? May as well eat the candles we had on the table as eat Galaxy! Once I'd realised that Caroline (the man) had no taste buds I could relax.


Billy (the lady, not her real name) is a very clever lady indeed. She did, however, think that my office/music/recording room is a mess. I think it's a lady thing (my wife Ali thinks it's a mess too and she's a lady). Although Caroline (that's the man remember, not his real name) thought it was a mess too! So it's a man thing now?? I'm confusing myself...

Anyway, it's not a "mess", it's a physical representation of my brain utilising the "Volcano" method of organisation. I may open it up as an installation... not my brain, the room.

We had a great evening, neither the cow nor chicken died in vain, and I proved that I can reheat food with the best of 'em.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We had them over for dinner once. She's a charmer. He eats with his mouth open. Lovely people though.

Mark Robins said...

Just the once then...

Unknown said...

look at the time! Go to bed at once!

Mark Robins said...

The Ashes and my Glenmorangie are bidding me stay awhile...