Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"I love it when a plan comes together"


Today was my annual "tax the car oh no where are the other documents Ali help can't find them please God YES at last oh no the MOT's expired and I still can't find the insurance letter I never opened well what's the point I know what's in it anyway right arrange instant MOT where's the nearest place......" day.

But, I PULLED IT OFF!! Oh yeah, oh yeah!! Go Marky, go Marky...

God helped.

I sat at my PC after school drop off and my heart sank. I'm trying to finish a song and that tends to be just when I'm interrupted the most, like today with the road tax. Not happy. I just want to get ooooooonnnn...

"God, please help me?", I said.

From then on, plain sailing. Googled a local place with 5 star recommendations, rang them and booked the car in for 12 o'clock. But the driver's side wing mirror's cracked (dangerous to park outside the Lee's house...). Hmmm. Googled and found that Halfords do stick on mirrors so I got one for our car (£6.25), recorded a vocal, picked up Becky at 11:30, went to Express MOT who sorted us out (stuck the Halfords mirror on gratis) in an hour (Becky was provided with an alphabet puzzle).

I knew I had no MOT when I tried to get a new tax disc online first thing this morning. We came straight back from Express MOT and already the test details had been logged and online I was able to get my tax!! I never even found the insurance documents!! GREAT JOY!!

Now I can finish the song.
More about that in the next post...

1 comment:

Design Haus said...

Mark, that picture of your office looks really tidy,