Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chair manufacture...

At the meeting posted about below we sang, "You are the hungry" for the first time together. It really is one of the great joys in my life to successfully communicate something of God with song. I only write songs for the body to sing. This song hit it's mark - the people "got it" and I could see it happening! It's not so much about me and my songs but about being used by God to further his purposes. Of course it's rewarding if someone likes your song, but so much more important is the successful communication of something from God. That's what does it for me, that is so much more rewarding.

So, if this communication is the crux of the matter then I am presented with a problem as I have quite a few songs now just sitting here. Each one on the blog (and lots don't make it...) is there because I feel they contain something worth passing on. I believe these songs can be a blessing to people. If I were a chair maker I would want people to sit on my chairs. That's what chairs are for. Songs are written to be listened to, that's what they're for.

So I've been thinking about a way to use these chairs. What I'm after is a dynamic, immediate, responsive, easy and cheap way for songs from the body to be available to the body. Well, of course, it's the web isn't it? I can record a song at my home in a day, upload it and there it is available to whomever wants to listen to it! Amazing! So, the new song you sang at your meeting can be in your car or in your kitchen on the Monday! (Download and burn, if you don't know what that means ask someone...) The song may only have a lifespan of a month, in which case, no problem as we haven't invested a huge amount of time, money and energy into it. It served its purpose and we simply move on!

So, help yourselves to my songs and enjoy!

No comments: