Monday, August 11, 2008

Back en Engleterre...

Ah yes, to be back in Blighty is great. The holiday was however, also, great! Two Gites (I think that's French for Cottages...) with a swimming pool and Jacuzzi, well you can't complain can you? I have a very nice tan now, although I fear it may fall off some time soon, although even my shins are far more presentable now than before I went. The highlights? Well. the final visit at the end of the French adventure to St Michel's Mount took my breath away! Even from afar as we approached I just needed to keep looking at it. Once atop this great edifice I was nearly overcome with vertigo, however, and just wanted to get back to terra firma - it was soooooo high up!

Also, a Chateau we visited was simply amazing - built just to show off!

I enjoyed being able to speak a little French: "Avez vous Wifi?" and "Pardon" and "Merci" etc...

There were too many flies and little or no web access - Mark and I had to drive to a "weefee" equipped bar and then nag them to get it working - we got there in the end, however, and managed to Send and Receive eventually.

For me, it was very good to feel a measure of detachment from what I do each day/week and take stock of things. To return with an invigorated vision and reassessment of the tasks in hand.

We shall see what fruit this produces forthwith.

No comments: