Sunday, August 24, 2008

Very happy...

Yes, it is over and I finished well! Total time 1 hr 34 min and a bit. It's a fascinating head journey, I find, when doing these things. You're up, you're down, you believe, you lose faith in yourself one minute, you regain it the next...

The swim was good, under 7 mins, but I clambered out feeling exhausted - oh dear, what have I done? I've still got the bike and the run to go! I've only just started and I'm done for...but then I got to have a slight rest as I couldn't remember how my bike shoes undid! Ha, ha! Anyway, this has to be one of the most beautiful bike routes - through the New Forest, avoiding ponies (cattlegrids are a bit scary on a bike in the rain I can tell you...). Onto the bike and it was fine (flat course, this one) - I kept my cadence up which may have helped. Also I knew where I was in the ride by checking my time, at Salisbury I felt all over the place and thought it would never end. Just over 1 hour and I was back at the transition area, this time trying to figure how to get the shoes off! Starting the run felt bad, really hard and I decided that I would just keep going, NO stopping. As it progressed, though, it got easier and easier ending up in me being surprised that the finish came so quickly :-)

The two pictures are the same Triathlon, one in 1995 and today.

13 years difference! 13 years! Wow, you know you're getting older when you can say that ;-)

1 comment:

Rob Finking said...

Wow two pictures from the SAME triathlon? That means it took you 13 years to complete the race! ;-)

Seriously, good going - well done =)