Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Dad

Sad sad news, I'm afraid.

My Dad passed away last Friday 27th, in bed, in the early hours. He'd had heart trouble for years. It wasn't going to be if or how, but when, and when turned out to be last Friday. My Mum, my brother and I have been making the necessary arrangements, quite busy, not too much time to dwell, but I know that there'll be plenty of time to dwell soon enough.

Feel OK at the moment but I am nervously suspicious of this tension I'm feeling; seemingly taking it in my stride and yet sensing a deep malaise that threatens to rise up and grab me, like a creature lurking in the deep.

We will see.

3 comments:

Billy Kennedy said...

Hey Mark.
Thinking about you. Good to express the feelings. Let them do their work.

Rob Finking said...

Hey I guess you probably aren't thinking about blogs right now, but hope you're OK. We're only down the road if you want some time/a chat/a beer.

Orb

Unknown said...

if there's anything we can do to help just let us know...