Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Familiarity

Went to the West Quay shopping centre this morning. When it was under construction I'd glimpse the roof structure as I passed what was to become the main entrance. I was amazed by its sheer size but noticed as well it's curves; I thought it was beautiful and awe inspiring.

At the end of this is the main space; the first time I saw that I looked around in wonder - the scale of the place!

Now, I go through these places and barely look up. I'm used to it. Over time I've developed my routines as well so I pay even less attention to what's around me. Park here, use this escalator, go to this shop, that shop, same routes, same routines...


So it can be with God and his kingdom. I've taken another look at the shopping centre and it is still amazing! I rediscovered the wonder and sense of the undiscovered, the possibilities, all the things I haven't seen or even noticed yet.

So I take another look at God and his kingdom, and guess what...?

1 comment:

Rob Finking said...

You're so right =) Throughout my life I keep trying to see things "new" again. Usually when I realise that I've stopped seeing things. I can remember when I was about 7 finally actually seeing the carpet in our dining room in the house where I had lived all my life.

I find it's really hard to keep my "eyes" fresh for God. If you've got any tips about how to look at him with new eyes that would be cool =)

Hope the funeral went OK

See you

Rob