Monday, November 13, 2006

Eating. Simple, eh? Nope.


Food.

If it wasn't so nice I would be a lot slimmer.

This topic will be something I blog about from time to time as I wrestle with it daily.
Well, when I say, "wrestle", I actually mean "give in to" daily.

I know that many people struggle with food issues so perhaps it'll help someone.

I won't be mentioning any particular foodstuffs as this can be unhelpful to some, but will be talking generally about my issues; you are, as always, very welcome to comment :-)
(However, "Eat less" would not be useful to me...)


I am too overweight at the present time. In the past I have been slim several times (no, really...) but haven't managed to maintain a svelt figure for very long (couple of hours tops...). I relax once I've acheived my goal and slowly but surely morph back into my current shape.

Eating my favourite foods is just soooooooooo pleasurable - I don't know WHAT happens in my brain, but it's very comforting whatever it is! There you have the vicious circle, feel big, eat for comfort, feel guilt, get bigger, eat for comfort, feel guilt, get bigger, and so on and so on...

Food for many is simple. I wish it was simple for me.

No comments: