Friday, May 11, 2007

Good morning?

My alarm radio came on at a quarter to seven this morning. I'm used to this but today my day began with hearing a report about East Congo; I'm not sure there has been a report that has left me more affected. Such cruelty, such hate, such evil - I am still in a bit of a daze after what I heard. I'm not about to rehearse it here but you'll probably find it here.

I'm forcefully reminded again that this world is in a desperate state. It's not good enough simply to not think about it. We are called to think about it, pray about it, cry out to God, "HOW LONG LORD?"

As I've grown a bit older I'm noticing a subtle but important shift in myself. I have it very good. God has been very, very good to me and if he never gave me another thing I would still be embarrassed with all his blessing to me. Not long ago, I would have said that, yes, I wanted Jesus to come back, but not quite yet - I'm having too good a time!

Now, as my awareness of the world around me increases and I dwell on its true state - I say, NOW!

1 comment:

john heasley said...

That is a reality check, a really challenging way to start the day. Makes you count your blessings while saying, God what can I do?