Thursday, January 10, 2008

A new man...

...I am a new man! I played golf today and the contrast with my last game was amazing. Before I lost some weight I was struggling around the course and after nine holes I went home exhausted. Played poorly too. Today I could have carried on after 18 easily (although the weather won just before that...) and the trousers I bought to wear for golf when I was at my largest.....are now too big!! GLORY GLORY!! And I played quite well too, very encouraging :-)

I have now lost more than the weight of three 2 litre bottles of Coke and this since late November. (Well, Diet Coke, in fact...)

I'm starting to think that this way of eating is conceivably sustainable. If so, this is a huge step forward for me. I won't be cured, but I can manage myself so that I eat what I need and not the amount I want. Being slimmer is much more tasty than loads and loads of food.

Thanks again Michael Winner.

(I just read the previous post and the result of the two meals was my spreadsheet weight bar chart levelled off for a couple of days, but I've caught up now, hurray! I did go easy on the first one which was veeeeeeeeeeeery hard but "relaxed" a bit on the second one. YUM!)

2 comments:

Brian said...

I want that book, I'm going to get it. Got to get below this 16 stone mark. 14 would be good for me

Mark Robins said...

Hey Brian!
It's basically this:
- Eat very little in the evening and nothing after 6:30.
- Weigh yourself last thing at night and first thing in the morning every day. I've made a spreadsheet bar chart.
- I use kg instead of stones as the milestones come quicker and more frequently.
- Don't stop eating your favourites, just eat little of them.

For me the daily weigh-ins are crucial for targets and motivation.
There is hope, it can be done! But, you do have to be quite ruthless if you're serious :-)